Born: April 30, 1979
Birthplace: Crawfordsville, IN
Current Residence: Anthem, AZ
Family: Anna (wife), Kaycee 14, Berkeley 7, and Mason 3
Currently Racing: Star Mazda Championship Series
“Be Strong & Courageous. Do not be afraid, do not be discouraged, for the lord, your God will be with you wherever you go.”- Joshua 1:9
Chris is married to Anna Yano and has 2 daughters, Kaycee (14) and Berkeley (7) and one son, Mason (3). Chris is a native Hoosier born in Crawfordsville, Indiana. “Racing has always been a big part of my life,” Chris says. “My Grandpa, Pete Evans, was the Indiana State Karting Champion back in the late 1960s with the New Ross Race Team. My other grandpa, the late Donald Yano, was a well-known clown for the Indianapolis Motor Speedway back in the 1960s that went by the name of Yano The Clown.” Chris has been a thrill-seeker for most of his life from wrestling in high school to racing and even bull riding.
1994 – 1997
Chris began his racing career at Ben Hur Speedway located in Crawfordsville, IN when he was in high school and raced throughout the Midwest. He ran in the Yamaha KT 100 class where he racked up multiple wins and podiums.
1999 – 2001
- Chris moved out to AZ in 1999 and he began bull riding as an amateur at local rodeos then onto the the Pro Rodeo Cowboys Association (PRCA). He rode bulls for a couple years winning a few buckles along the way. After a new baby and injuries, he decided it was time to hang up his spurs.
- Chris bought another Yamaha KT 100 kart and went racing again. He continued to race this series with multiple wins and podiums.
- Chris completed the SCCA School in a Spec Ford Racer with perfect marks. Chris won the only two race he ran that year.
2003 – 2004
- Chris moved on to the Spec RX-7 series in the SCCA, NASA and Pro Auto Sports. Chris brought home the “Rookie of the Year” title with
multiple wins and podiums. Finished 4th overall in a tight points race after missing a race his rookie year due to an injury. Finished 2nd in points his second year.
- Chris won the 2 hour enduro at PIR with NASA and 3 Hour enduro with Pro Auto Sports Series.
- Chris moved into the Spec Miata series in the SCCA, NASA and Pro Auto Sports. Chris finished 3rd overall after a crash at the beginning of the season. Chris competed in the first ever SCCA Spec Miata National race in Phoenix. Chris finished 1st in points the following year receiving multiple regional and national wins and podiums.
- Chris set a lap record at Firebird Raceway in the Spec Miata class
- Chris won the 2 hour enduro at PIR with NASA and 3 hour enduro with Pro Auto Sports
- Chris also started AZ Seat-Time Track Days. This was a way for NASA and Pro Auto Sports drivers to fast track and get their competitors licensing. Also offered professional coaching and open track days for race and street cars.
- Chris got his Grand-Am racing license and ran his first race at the 6 hour enduro at Virginia International Raceway (VIR) in the ST class in a BMW 330i with Matt Connelly Motorsports. Chris’ second daughter was born while he was qualifying the car at VIR. The first race he started 6th and was running 4th before the transmission went out with an hour to go.
- Chris ran a limited schedule with a few different GS and ST teams in the Koni Challenge series in a BMW M3, 330i and a Dodge SRT-4. Chris ran at Daytona, Watkins Glen and VIR that year.
- Chris also joined the Bondurant School of High Performance Driving as a Part-time instructor at this time.
2008 – 2011
- Chris hung up his driving shoes temporarily to raise his family and work on his professional career.
- Chris successfully completed multiple test days in the Pro Mazda Series at Infineon Raceway with Worldspeed Motorsports.
- Chris successfully completed multiple test days in the Pro Mazda at Indianapolis Motor Speedway with Team Pelfrey.
- Chris is actively seeking an Indy Lights ride for the Freedom 100 at Indianapolis Motor Speedway.